vineri, 2 august 2013

Wandering Mole (3) - Bran

Bran
Today was supposed to be wonderful: Bran Castle was on the menu. We read about castles, we've seen books, discussed about how people lived in them. But still, I was a bit afraid  because I'd seen it before and I didn't quite understand how this castle was going to meet the expectations I thought my kids had. My, was I in for a big surprise...

It looked like a Fairy Land from the very beginning. In the middle of the park around the castle we found a charming house all shades of green and brown.




And so the story started to unravel. Their story. 
We stepped inside and  I could barely keep up with them. They had questions about most of what they recognized and obviously there was a long list of "What's that?". One of the custodians offered to help and every once in a while I could hear her and some other visitors bursting into laughter as they heard how my little ones were tuning their imaginary to this reality.
Everything needed to be linked somehow to what they already knew.
:: the chimney

:: the library - reading room

:: the secret passage

They each fell in love with something, according to their heart and interests at the moment: the Missy with the elegant study room 

and A. with the dining room
.

Oh, yes, I almost forgot: and the Mole was there to witness another day of our precious time together this year.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu