duminică, 13 iulie 2014

Let the siblings be

Weekends are busy times for us here, but in the good way. So the perspective of reading a book (or some of it) could be very appealing for me. It's then that I could indulge myself in longer periods of time spent close to my children but so far away in the same time.

So I get my book and sink low in the armchair as I hear somewhere around me the tweeting of my kids playing. I hear them playing for a long time. Staging stories they know, making up new ones, he's teaching her how to draw I-don't know-what and she's showing him how to heal this or that stuffed animal.

And all of a sudden nothing fits anymore. There's shouting and I can hear things going in all directions.
It's never the one who's crying's  fault.
 It's not the other one's fault either.
It's always the other one who starts the fight.
And personal experience tells me that if I end up punishing only one of them, I always get the innocent one. Well...almost always. (and the degree of innocence is highly debatable at that point)
The injustice is spelled out even louder, but soon enough I hear one of them giggling.

And then a new game starts...

I'm not sure what they'll remember of this part (and these moments) of their lives, but as long as they're taking turns in winning the upper hand over the other one, I'm pretty sure I should let my siblings be...


And read my book.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu